• Get Ready! October is Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children Month
• Did you know that what children learn before kindergarten affects their success in school and in life? The first five years are absolutely essential to brain development and shaping literacy, their mathematical skills, and their social skills – we cannot recreate this opportunity later in life. When it comes to early learning, there are no “do-overs.”
• This October, help us celebrate Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children Month and raise awareness about why quality early education is so impo
rtant for children’s success and motivate Pennsylvanians to promote quality early learning for children in their lives.
Join members of your community to celebrate Pennsylvania's young children and the quality early learning programs and teachers that help them reach their promise every day. Take time during Pennsylvania's Promise for Children Month to show your support for quality early learning and supporting our young children.
• Stay tuned for the Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children month TV and radio public service announcements – our 30 and 60 second PSAs will be posted on the PA Promise YouTube channel to link to your websites and share with your Facebook friends
• Send a PA Promise Month e-card to your favorite teachers, colleagues, parents, friends and family.
• Sign the PA’s Promise for Children declaration
• Volunteer with uour local Community Engagement Group to help organize local events throughout the month.
To find out more, visit the Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children website at www.papromiseforchildren.com.
Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children is a campaign to raise awareness about the importance of providing Pennsylvania’s young children with access to quality early learning opportunities. Sponsored by the PA Build Initiative, Pennsylvania Early Learning Keys to Quality, The Grable Foundation, The Heinz Endowments, and William Penn Foundation, in partnership with the Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL).